Dr. Jorge Acosta and Dr. Michael D. Lara are both Board Certified Surgeons and are the first fellowship trained bariatric surgeons in the region. Dr. Acosta and Dr. Lara have performed over 3,500 laparoscopic bariatric procedures. Excellent results and low complication rates attest to their vast experience and medical expertise. Both surgeons are the founders and currently serve as Co-Medical Directors for both the Del Sol Multi-disciplinary Bariatric Center and the Las Palmas Multi-disciplinary Bariatric Center. Dr. Acosta and Dr. Lara have obtained multiple distinctions from multiple surgical and medical societies. Their role as Co-Medical Directors in the Del Sol/Las Palmas comprehensive Weight Loss Surgery program has helped earned widespread recognition, including:
- Healthgrades Five Star Excellence Award (recognized as 1 of 48 Nationally)
- Center of Excellence by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
- Center of Excellence by the American College of Surgeons (ACS)
- Blue Distinction for Excellence in Bariatric by BlueCross & BlueShield of Texas
- Aetna Institutes of Quality for Bariatric Surgery by Aetna Insurance
- CIGNA Certifies Hospital for Bariatric Surgery by Cigna Healthcare
Dr. Lara and Dr. Acosta offer an extremely comprehensive program that includes dietary counseling by Certified Dieticians, an exercise component, psychological support, insurance liaisons, support groups and a complete medically based wellness program along with surgical intervention. Both surgeons and their team are ready to provide the necessary support and resources to address the entire spectrum of care and needs of the bariatric patients.
Weight loss is just the beginning. If you’re ready for the next step, reserve your place now at our next free seminar.
Useful links regarding bariatric surgery informational tools.